White Chocolate Chip Cookies
A chocolaty variation of my FIT Chocolate Chip Cookies.
1/2 cup (1 stick) Smart Balance Butter spread, softened
1 cup brown sugar in the raw
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg, then the vanilla.
3. Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Stir the flour into the wet ingredients until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Drop by large spoonfuls onto pans lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until edges are nicely browned. You may need to press the cookies down with the back of a spoon to flatten them.