WEEKEND BRUNCH: TURKEY SAUSAGE + SWEET POTATO HASH
This presentation may look fancy, but it's really as easy as it gets. I had just enough ingredients to prepare this for two, but you can easily double it up and enjoy it with friends.
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 turkey sausage links
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 small sweet potato, washed and diced into small cubes
fresh thyme sprigs for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In an oven-proof pan or skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Remove the sausage from the casing, and add it to the pan along with the onion. Season lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and sauté until golden, breaking up the sausage with a wooden spoon (about 5 to 10 mins).
3. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the sausage and onions to a plate. Add the sweet potato to the pan, season with salt and pepper. Turn off the heat and place the pan in the oven to roast the sweet potatoes until fork tender, about 20 minutes.
4. Remove the pan from the oven and gently crack the eggs over the hash. Place the pan back in the oven, and bake until the eggs cook through, about 12-15 minutes.
5. Remove from the over and garnish with fresh thyme.