Never underestimate the power of an omelet to be quick, easy, filling and deliciously versatile. In less than 10 minutes, you can make yourself a gourmet breakfast, brunch or dinner that won't break your diet or the bank. Make this your own by adding fresh or sun-dried tomatoes, fire roasted peppers or any other veggie you like.
Ready in: 10 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
portobello mushroom slices
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
1 tablespoon feta cheese crumbles
1. Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Use a napkin to spread the oil to cover the surface of the pan (or use cooking spray).
2. Add the mushrooms and asparagus to the pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until slightly soft, then transfer to a plate.
3. In a bowl or mug, whisk the egg and egg whites, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Add another teaspoon of oil to the pan, using a napkin to spread it all around (or use more cooking spray).
5. Pour the eggs into the pan, and swirl it around to form a circle. You can use a rubber spatula to help you form a more even circle.
6. Arrange the mushrooms, asparagus, and cheese on one half of the eggs. When the eggs set, use your rubber spatula to carefully fold them over. Serve.