Marble-ous Blueberry Muffins
For a second I thought I may have overdone it with the blueberries but after tasting these, and looking at them, I was very satisfied with the outcome. Can't wait to pull a "recipe remix" using chopped strawberries or bananas.
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar in the raw
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, oil, brown sugar, milk, and vanilla. Stir in the blueberries.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Stir into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Spray the muffin tin with cooking spray for baking or use muffin liners. Fill the tins leaving a 1/2-inch space at the top and sprinkle each one lightly with extra brown sugar. Bake for 25 minutes or until a pick inserted in the muffin comes out clean.