La Bella Pasta
This easy pasta dish was a hit in my family, picky eaters and all. Made with very few, but very fresh ingredients, it's naturally delicious and ready in the time it takes to boil the pasta water and cook the noodles.
4 oz whole grain pasta
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, washed and sliced
4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
fresh parmesan cheese
salt + pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
2. Prep the veggies: To clean the mushrooms, wipe them gently with a moist dish towel. OR, do it the easy way: rinse them under water, using your hands to remove any excess dirt. Lay them on a clean dish towel and pat dry. Wash and dry the tomatoes. Cut them in half and squeeze out the seeds. Then give them a rough chop.
3. Add a handful of salt to the boiling water. Add the pasta and cook according to package instructions.
4. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan over high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until golden. Add the tomatoes and garlic, and cook 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. When the pasta is al dente, use a pasta spoon to transfer it to the pan with the mushrooms and tomatoes, and toss it all together. Serve topped with fresh parmesan cheese and basil.