Honey Roasted Pear Salad
This elegant, bistro-style salad couldn't be easier, whether you're cooking for one or entertaining a big crowd. Sweet, savory, crunchy -- it hits all the right places.
spinach or any leafy greens
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut the pears in half lengthwise. Use a teaspoon or melon baller to scoop out the core and seeds. Lay the pear halves face up on a baking sheet.
3. Top the pears with gorgonzola cheese and walnuts. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
4. Remove the foil and drizzle the pears with honey. Bake uncovered for another 5 to 10 minutes, until the cheese and walnuts are lightly toasted.
5. Serve over a leafy green salad. I recommend dressing it with balsamic vinaigrette: 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 2 teaspoons dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon honey, salt and pepper.