Skinny Green Bean French Fries
Junk food made classy... and easy. Just toss a few heart-healthy ingredients in a bowl, lay it all on a baking sheet and bake! Ketchup optional.
1/2 lb to 1 lb green beans, ends removed
1 tbsp whole wheat flour
1/3 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
salt + pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Use a knife or kitchen shears to remove the ends off the green beans. Place them in a bowl with the flour, then toss until they are lightly coated with the flour.
3. Drizzle no more than 1 tbsp olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss with a spoon until the green beans are lightly coated in the oil.
4. Add the bread crumbs and toss until combined. Transfer the green beans to a baking sheet that's been lined with parchment paper - lay them in an even layer.
5. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately.