Fit Fish Tacos with Chipotle Crema
….and by crema, I mean Greek yogurt. These tacos are healthful, quick, easy and light! It's the perfect weeknight dinner, and fun to entertain with.
Ready in: 20 minutes
¼ cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
1 lime, cut into 6-8 wedges
1 pound mahi mahi or your favorite white fish, cut into ½-inch wide strips.
1/3 cup ground yellow cornmeal
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoons olive oil
6 corn tortillas
2 plum tomatoes, diced
¼ cup fresh cilantro
1. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, chipotle pepper, 1 teaspoon of lime juice (or the juice of about 2 wedges), and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
2. Lightly season the fish with salt and pepper. In a large dish, whisk together the cornmeal, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Lightly coat the fish in the cornmeal, shaking off any excess coating, then add it to the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through.
4. While the fish cooks, warm the tortillas in a dry pan over medium heat, or in the microwave.
5. To serve, top the tortillas with the fish, a few dollops of the chipotle yogurt, diced tomato, cilantro, and extra lime wedges.