Here is easy, peasy, fool-proof dessert, made with just four ingredients. You can easily swap the plums for apples, pears, or apricots, and it would be just as good. Sure, pie crust is involved, but it's very thin, and no extra butter is added to the recipe. Add a nice scoop of low-fat vanilla ice cream or fro-yo while it's still warm, and you're golden.
Ready in: 25 mins
1 roll of pre-made pie crust, refrigerated
4 ripe plums, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the pie crust from the refrigerator and lay it flat on the parchment paper.
3. Arrange the sliced plums in a circle, leaving about one inch space around the pie crust.
4. Carefully fold over the pie crust, folding and pinching, around the plums.
5. Sprinkle the sugar over the plums, and season with a pinch of salt. Drizzle the olive oil over the plums and crust.
6. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the crust is golden. Remove from the oven, transfer to a plate, and cut into eight slices.