DON'T BE A
Chunky Monkey Muffins
Have a happy heart!
These muffins are made with fresh fruit, whole grains, and heart-healthy canola oil, dark chocolate and all-natural peanut butter. Dessert for breakfast? Yes, please!
1 ½ cup mashed bananas (about 2-3 large)
1/3 cup heart healthy canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
¼ cup of brown sugar in the raw
½ cup dark chocolate chips
1 ½ cup whole wheat flour
½ tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
2 tbsp chunky peanut butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the mashed bananas, canola oil, vanilla, and brown sugar until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredient and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
5. Line a jumbo muffin pan (fits 6) with muffin liners or coat the pan with cooking spray for baking. Using a ¼ cup measure, distribute the batter evenly between the muffin cups. You can also use a 12-muffin pan for smaller portions.
6. Melt the peanut butter in the microwave on high for about 15 seconds. Drop a teaspoon of the melted peanut butter over each muffin. Use a spoon or toothpick to swirl it into the batter.
6. Bake about 20 minutes, or until a pick inserted in the muffin comes out clean clean. If baking 12 smaller muffins, bake about 15 minutes.