Crispy Pear Crumble
A weeknight or weekend treat, this isn’t your average, made-crisp-with-a-cup-of-butter crumble. These sweet pears are topped with wholesome oats, brown sugar, all-natural honey, spicy cinnamon and a splash of heart-healthy canola oil.
½ cup old-fashioned oats
2 tbsp brown sugar in the raw
2 tbsp raisins
1 tbsp canola oil
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
honey for drizzling
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine the oats, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well. Stir in the raisins and canola oil.
3. Wash and dry the pears. Use a veggie peeler to remove the peel, and cut the pears in half lengthwise. Use a teaspoon measure (or a melon baller if you have one) to remove the seeds.
4. Place the pears in a baking dish – I lined my dish with parchment paper for easier cleanup. Evenly divide the oat mixture over the four pears.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. Then remove the pears from the oven and drizzle each one lightly with honey – no more than 1 tsp of honey per pear. This will help the oat mixture stick together. Bake for another 15 minutes.