Crispy Coconut Chicken with Mango Salsa
I let a friend take over my kitchen and he made this. It was so good (and so fit!) that it made it on the blog. If you love coconut and mango, and easy weeknight dinners, you will absolutely love this!
Ready in: 30 minutes
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
½ red onion, diced
1 ripe mango, diced
1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar1 egg
½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 6 oz each
2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, red onion, mango, tomato, cilantro and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Whisk the egg in a shallow bowl. In a separate shallow bowl, combine the shredded coconut, cayenne pepper and a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Pat the chicken breast dry with a paper towel and season with salt and pepper. Pass each chicken breast through the egg, shaking off any excess, then dredge through the shredded coconut until evenly coated.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden. Finish cooking the chicken in the oven, about 10 minutes.
5. Place the chicken on a serving dish and top with mango and pepper salsa.