Christmas may be over, but the holidays aren't. Here is yet another variation of my FIT Chocolate Chip Cookies.
1/2 cup (1 stick) Smart Balance Butter spread, softened
1 cup brown sugar in the raw
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons orange zest
1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup white chocolate chips
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
1/3 cup dried cherries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg, vanilla and orange zest.
3. Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Stir the flour into the wet ingredients until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and dried cherries.
4. Drop by large spoonfuls onto pans lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until edges are nicely browned. You may need to press the cookies down with the back of a spoon to flatten them.