AMAZING! Sunday mornings never tasted so good! All I did was add one mashed banana and 1/2 cup fresh blueberries to my DYI Waffles recipe, and voila! Of course, they're whole wheat and packed with fresh fruit. Top these with maple syrup or agave nectar for the perfect brunch.
1 egg + 1 egg white
1 banana, mashed
1/4 cup canola oil
3/4 cup skim milk
1 tsp vanilla1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
butter or non-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat a non-stick pan or griddle to medium-low heat.
2. In a bowl, beat the eggs, mashed banana, canola oil, milk, and vanilla. Stir in the blueberries. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
3. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until just combined, but still lumpy.
4. Lightly coat the pan with non-stick cooking spray or by rubbing it with a stick of butter. Use a 1/4 cup measure to scoop the pancake batter onto the pan. When the pancakes have developed small bubbles all over the surface, they are ready to be flipped. Cook on the second side for about one minute, then remove. Continue this step until you are out of batter.
5. To serve, lightly drizzle maple syrup or agave nectar over the pancakes. The bananas make the pancakes sweet, so not much syrup is needed.