"FIT" Chocolate Chip Cookies
It was with the biggest of chocolate chip cookie cravings that I swapped a few ingredients to make a healthier cookie that I wouldn't feel too guilty about. Five cookies later, maybe it wasn't the best of ideas. I'm told these are way good!
1/2 cup (1 stick) Smart Balance Butter spread, softened
1 cup brown sugar in the raw
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream together the butter and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg, then the vanilla.
3. Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Stir the flour into the wet ingredients until combined, then stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Drop by large spoonfuls onto pans lined with parchment paper. It should yield 9-10 large cookies.
5. Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are nicely browned. You may need to press the cookies down a bit with the back of a spoon to flatten them.